Customer Support Specialist - At&t (Harrisburg, PA)
As the largest communications company in the world, more than 120 million customers count on us every day to deliver the wireless, Internet, data and advertising services that fuel their businesses and connect them to their world. You will find yourself connecting communications and technology with opportunities that will take you to places you never imagined.
Learn more about AT&T's cutting edge opportunities with a wide range of career paths in emerging and ground breaking technologies. We're so much more than just a phone company!
Customer Support Specialist handles inquiries from customers related to billing, rate plans, features and services, network, coverage, handsets & devices, accessories, repair & troubleshooting, credits & adjustments, etc.; handles credit checks, service activations and changes, and receivables management/collections; may sell all services and products offered by the Company; handles inquiries on data products, services, billing and troubleshooting; may handle WLNP, relocations, combined bill support, after hours inquiries, pre-paid service. May resolve inquiries received via telephone, e-mail, e-care, correspondence, TTY, on-line chat. Customer interaction may result from direct calls from customers, transferred callers or the resolution of trouble tickets. Responsibilities within Customer Support Specialist also include those that require additional training in other areas within the broad duties of general customer care once competency has been demonstrated. By way of example, these may include but are not limited to saves, high value customers, billing and adjustment teams. It is critical & significant to recognize & provide for the following:
- The AT&T environment is constantly evolving to meet customer and competitive demands and will continue to do so; we need the flexibility to evolve with it.
- Customer interactions that are viewed as requiring \"\"specialized\"\" skills today may be mainstreamed tomorrow as we continue to drive tools and technology to enable first call resolution at the frontline. Improved tools, systems and integrated applications will enable the resolution of the majority of our customer interactions closer to the customer - Customer Support Specialist, first call.
- Training content, call types and responsibilities may change over time at the discretion of the company as the business evolves and our technology & tools advance.
- Continued investment will be made in the self-service options we provide to our customers, eliminating the need for the customer to call in for service and allowing customers to self-service in additional areas.
- Talk with customers, either directly from IVR, transfers, tickets, escalations or on an outbound basis.
- Can be assigned CSR1/BCSS1 work as needed to support business needs (on an occasional and not primary assignment).
- CSR1s/BCSS1s may also be assigned to perform some duties of a Customer Support Specialist if occasional and not primary to regular job assignment (may be eligible for a differential per the applicable contract).
The essential functions listed below are representative of duties performed by this job title. Duties generally include but are not limited to the following:
GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS WHICH ARE NORMALLY REQUIRED:
- Answers customer/client requests or inquiries concerning services and products and reports problem areas.
- Utilizes various systems and tools to initiate to assist and service customers.
- Continually maintain working knowledge of all company products, services and promotions.
- Make recommendations according to customer's needs.
- Utilize operational systems to process purchases of all products and services.
- Administer system functions on all opening, closing, and balancing procedures to according to finance guidelines
- Troubleshoots and resolves customer impacting issues such as but not limited to voice & data issues that span multiple networks and interdependent network elements, considering network conditions, connectivity, devices, applications, provisioning and billing. (Note: The skill and knowledge required will change with technology and application innovations.)
- Provides support for products and services offered by the Company.
- Assists customers with products and services such as but not limited to laptop connect services including air cards, USB devices, initial set-up, configuration of AT&T provided software & applications.
- Handles less routine & repetitive matters and more complex troubleshooting scenarios.
- Identifies, tracks & trends issues to assist in root cause elimination.
- Proactively engages T3 support (network and IT) to address & resolve issues.
- Engages third party vendors and suppliers as needed to address service faults & provide customer resolution.
- Remains proficient in all billing, rate plan and feature matters.
- May support emerging technologies until matured or until tools & technology enable mainstream support at CSR1.
- Resolves issues resulting from direct inbound customer calls, transferred callers including calls from other CSRs, trouble tickets or escalations.
- Perform over the counter exchanges of customer defective equipment.
- No physical requirements.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Specific job assignments may require day, evening, weekend or holiday hours. Occasional overtime may be required.
- Classroom training.
- On-the-job training.
The largest communications company in the United States. And the world. We are the industry leaders in providing wireless service, high speed internet access, local and long distance voice, and directory publishing and advertising services across the US. We are also developing our business to include next-generation television services with our new AT&T U-VerseSM TV.
Join our incredibly diverse company of more than 250,000 people and help drive the innovation that keeps AT&T at the leading edge of technology and service. Expect big things from the company that created the communications industry.
• Post ID: 13964652 harrisburg