To serve as the overall coordinator for the Cathedral’s facility, security and property operations in support of church ministry program and activities. Duties include the operation and maintenance of equipment systems, interior and exterior maintenance and oversight of service contracts associated with the operation and maintenance of church properties. Consults with Property Committee, as appropriate.
- FACILITY COORDINATION
- Manages and oversees church campus and building maintenance and repairs
- Sets room HVAC schedule using Trane software.
- Assesses Trane system alarm alerts and serves as direct contact with Trane technicians.
- Contracts with HVAC, building systems, IT, fire extinguishers and Ansol range hood fire suppression, sprinkler system, elevators, and others, as necessary. (McClure, Trane, Guardian, Penn Elevator, Kint, Fritz Fire Protection), and schedules and coordinates contractors as required. Provides basic maintenance services such as touch-up painting, lighting replacement, minor repairs, etc.
- Manages and Oversees Church Property Upkeep
- Oversees contracts for snow removal and lawn maintenance (mowing of lawn, fertilizing)
- Oversees volunteers who maintain the grounds, as appropriate.
- Oversees and manages all professional maintenance of exterior church property.
- Inspects on an ongoing basis the campus for debris, maintenance, or other problems.
- Oversees annual schedule for maintenance including Spring and Fall clean-up projects.
- Manages all utility contracts, including but not limited to PPL & APPI energy, NRG system, Harrisburg water, sewer and trash.
- Enforces policies for inappropriate vehicles parked on church property and issues order for towing, if appropriate.
- Oversees the construction and installation of interior and exterior church improvements, assisting staff and volunteers with the upgrading of A/V, security, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Works closely with the property committee in preparing the annual budget for utilities and other property related utilities.
- Works with church staff/volunteers to provide support associated with special events such as weddings, receptions, events, Bible studies, special classes, Christmas Eve and Easter Services, church luncheons and meetings, baptisms, etc.
- Assists staff with the development of interior/exterior design plans/facility improvements to include room designs, furniture, decorations, etc., subject to Property Committee and Vestry review/approval.
- Provides support to ministry staff as needed (e.g. set up & take down.)
- Oversees security/alarm systems including responding to alarm calls, the annual contracts, coordination of the security response call list, and review of security camera videos as necessary.
- Maintains files of certificates and inspection reports and material safety data sheets (MSDS).
- Ensures that all campus buildings are closed and secured.
- Liaison with the local police and fire department.
1. Manages contracts for facility maintenance including window washing, carpet cleaning, custodial, waste management, grounds keeping and snow removal contracts.
2. Oversees the management and inventory of all church property by ensuring the proper storage and record-keeping of all church property.
3.Assists staff with budget planning and execution of facilities-related improvements, construction, maintenance, and repair expenses.
4. Oversees the activities associated with new construction projects ( in conjunction with the Property Committee, church leadership and Vestry) including the development and administration of contracts and serving as the primary contact with contractors.
5.Attend weekly staff meetings.
6.Oversees the cleaning services team for the Cathedral and St. Stephen’s Episcopal School.
- Basic knowledge of building operation and maintenance requirements.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Initiating leader (self-starter)
- Demonstrated commitment to the Christian faith, and willingness to support the stated mission and vision of the Cathedral.
- Ability to effectively manage responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with volunteers and external contacts with tact, courtesy, sensitivity, and good will.
- Ability to relate positively and effectively with the staff and church leadership.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move 25 pounds. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to hear, stand, walk; use hands and fingers, handle or operate objects, reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; stoop, kneel crouch, and crawl; and use repetitive motions of the hands and wrists. Work requires occasional bending. Must be able to move throughout the building as needed throughout the day. Good visual and hearing acuity are required; good verbal communication skills required. Job may involve some weekend, evening, and at times, holiday hours and early morning meetings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
HS diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Previous work experience in facilities management preferred. Basic knowledge of security software, HVAC, electrical and plumbing. Basic computer skills are required.
For more information about St. Stephen’s Episcopal Cathedral, please visit www.ststep.org .
Completed applications and resumes (if available) should be sent to email@example.com or mailed to St. Stephen’s Episcopal Cathedral, 221 N. Front Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101.
• Post ID: 61339637 harrisburg