Posted: Saturday, January 20, 2018 12:11 AM
Company Name:Sweet Jubilee Gourmet
Benefits Offered Life, Vision, Dental, 401K, Medical
Employment Type Full-Time
The Candy cook is responsible for making a variety of cooked candy including brittle, caramel and fudge following food safety standards, defined recipes, and company established manufacturing best practices. This includes the preparation and accurate weighing of the ingredients, cooking the ingredients either stove-top or using automated cooking equipment, and pouring and forming the candy so that it can be cut for enrobing in chocolate or prepared for packaging.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Prepare a variety of brittles starting from individual primary ingredients.
● Make different varieties of fudge and caramels.
● Operate necessary equipment to cook, mix, and cut/break final products.
● Prepare the kitchen for shift operations following established food safety procedures; maintain a clean work area throughout the shift and a clean kitchen at the end of the work shift.
● Wash and sanitize dishes, utensils, pots & pans, counters and operate dishwasher, and maintain a sanitary work environment.
● Assist with maintaining production records, HACCP documentation, and ordering and receiving supplies.
● Assist in melting and tempering of chocolate.
● When necessary, assist in operating and/or running other unit operations in the kitchen.
Job Skills and Requirements
● Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
● Job related experience in food or confectionery and basic kitchen functions.
● Any food related course, such as ServSafe or HACCP, is a plus.
● Chocolate experience a plus but not necessary. Candidate will be trained in chocolate handling on the job.
● Must be able to follow State and Federal mandated Health Codes and ‘Good Manufacturing Practices’.
● Must have a friendly and positive attitude and able to work as part of a team.
● Must be willing and able to stand for entire shift and be able to lift 50 lbs.
● Must have strong leadership and organizational skills, good interpersonal communication skills and excellent memory and ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
Interested persons should send resume to Frank McCafferty at firstname.lastname@example.org or at above address for Sweet Jubilee Gourmet. All unsuccessful candidates will be notified promptly.
• Location: Harrisburg
• Post ID: 60511807 harrisburg