Job Function: Skilled Highway Worker
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Education: H.S. Diploma/Equivalent
Min Experience: 0-1 Year
Required Travel: 50-75%
Salary: $12.00 - $22.00 (Hourly Wage)
Surface Preparation is the world’s leading shoulder rumble strip contractor. We provide both general contracting and subcontracting services on highway construction projects in every state.
We also work with government agencies, highway contractors and consultants around the world in the promotion and development of highway shoulder rumble strip programs.
Surface Preparation designs and manufactures its own line of NoisePrint rumble strip mills, capable of cutting up to 30 miles of asphalt rumble strips in a single eight-hour shift.
Surface Preparation currently operates from eight regional locations in Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Indiana, Kansas, South Dakota, South Carolina, Colorado and Utah. Our facilities include more than 50,000 square feet of of office and workshop space on more than 30 acres of property.
An Asphalt Distributor Operator is an hourly skilled craft position that performs a wide variety of tasks on construction projects. This position consists of operating an asphalt distributor by applying specialized emulsions to roadways. The operator is the pace-setter for the paving operation.
- Drives and operates distributor truck equipped with tank to spray asphalt emulsions on road surfaces
- Fills pressure tank with asphalt liquid
- Regulates burner to heat liquid and start auxiliary pump
- Attaches and adjusts spray bars to attain required width of spray
- Uses valve to regulate flow of material at specified rate and adjusts levers to adjust height of spray bar from road surface
- Monitors flow gauges, tachometer and temperature gauge to ensure uniform distribution
- Performs daily safety checks of fluid levels and inspections for leaks and damage to machine before operation
- Performs daily equipment maintenance to keep it in proper and safe working order, and notifies supervisor in the event of a needed repair
- Understands and executes different emulsions
- Performs incidental work items and duties included within other crafts
We are a drug-free workplace.
SPT is an equal opportunity employer.
- Able to perform all duties as described above
- Possesses CDL class A or B with N-tanker and X-hazmat endorsement, as well as an acceptable driving record
- Able to work varying shifts, according to project demands
- Willing to travel to job sites nation wide, as needed
- At least 1 year of demonstrable previous experience as an Asphalt Distributor Operator preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to understand direction and communicate effectively
- Able to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 50 lbs and carry at least 30 lbs personally, and 150 lbs with assistance
- Able to climb on and off of heavy equipment safely
Email Address: email@example.com
• Post ID: 60529962 harrisburg